Background

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Walk to the Park

Before the weather starts to turn really cold for winter, I realized that I wanted to take some walks outside with Luke. So this afternoon, J and I took Luke out for a walk. I had planned on driving up to the park we used to go to with a walking track around a pond, but J said we would just walk to the park that is near us. So we set out from our house down the street.

I've always noticed that parts of the sidewalk are very rough and unkempt, but it's definitely a different experience when you're pushing a stroller over those rough sidewalks! But we managed to make it over the rough parts and Luke seemed to be just fine with them (he slept through the whole walk!). But it started to sprinkle a little just as we got to the park itself. I didn't want to risk being caught in the rain (plus I didn't want to overdo it since I'm still recovering from the c-section), so instead of going into the park, we turned around and went home.

I'm a little tender around my incision area, so I'm thinking that was a good idea, but I do wish we had been able to spend more time actually at the park itself. But that's something we can try again in the future, and I definitely want to walk outside as much as possible before the weather turns cold. I think it's good to get Luke out of the house and it's also good for me and J as it allows us to get a bit of exercise in and we both need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment