Background

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Due Date

Today is the date that Luke was actually due. I had worried that I would go beyond this date and be late (I even thought my SIL might have her baby first even though she is due at the end of the month).

Instead I am sitting here holding a baby who is 3 weeks and 1 day old. Thank you, Luke for arriving early. These three weeks have been great especially compared to my last few weeks of pregnancy. I was so miserable with severely swollen feet and barely able to sleep or move around. I didn't want to think about 3 or more weeks like that, so I am thrilled to have the little guy outside rather than inside these past few weeks.

I'll miss feeling him moving around inside me, but I don't think I'll miss anything else about pregnancy. Actually holding Luke is a thousand times better.

The only part I need to adjust is the idea that I have an August baby after being focused on September for so long. But that shouldn't be too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment