Background

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Grandma's Visit and Spitting Up

Grandma (my mom) is visiting now so just a quick update. We're having a good time with grandma. Yesterday we went to the mall and were there longer than Luke goes between feedings, which means I needed to feed him while there. I still haven't done any breastfeeding in public (the closest was in the car in the Target parking lot last week), and I'm not sure if I'm ready to do it right out in front of people (even though I do have a cover). So I used a fitting room in Kohl's. It seemed to work well. (I did go to the bathroom to change his diaper, even though the changing table was very awkwardly positioned so that I practically blocked the door so it was hard for people to come in and out).

The other latest news is that Luke has been spitting up after he eats almost every time for just over a week now. It looks like he may have acid reflux, so we're trying to do things like keep him upright after a feeding for 30 minutes to help him out. I was worried at first that he might have something like a milk sensitivity, but I went to a breastfeeding support group on Thursday and the woman running it went through a list of other symptoms for food sensitivities (rash on body, blood in stool, green or frothy or slimy poop, etc.). Luke has none of those symptoms, so I'm feeling quite a bit relieved. If I had to cut milk out of my diet I don't know what I would eat as so much of what I do eat has milk as an ingredient!

I'll post some pictures with grandma a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment