Background

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sleeping Update

Quick sleeping update. Luke has been having that one longer stretch of sleep at night for the past week, varying from 4 hours to 6 hours, which is fantastic. I haven't slept straight through the time as I still wake every so often and feel the need to check on him to make sure he's breathing (but since he's sleeping in a bassinet right next to the bed, I don't have to get up--I just reach over and check). But it's a really wonderful feeling to be able to stay in bed for an extended stretch of time.

I think that he's figured out that he needs to "tank up" a bit before bedtime as he's been eating more and more in the couple of hours before going to bed this week. Last night was the most I've ever seen him eat at one time. He just kept going and going. I was so afraid that he was just going to spit up a lot of it (as that happens sometimes), but he actually seemed to keep it all down. He started that feeding around 9:00 and we were in bed by 10:00 pm. We didn't get up again until 3:30 am!

The sleep after that time is usually only about two hours, maybe two and a half and he seems to want to either stay awake or sleep snuggled up on the couch with me after that, so we're still getting up around 6 am each morning for the day. I'd like to be able to have one more two-hour sleep session in the morning and get up around 8 am, but right now I'm just happy to have cut out one of the night feedings (sometimes he was even getting up twice during that time), so I think I'll just be happy with this schedule right now as it's not too bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment