Background

Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Little Snugglesaurus

Luke is two months old today. The time really does fly by. This morning I've been thinking about the question from this past week's breastfeeding support group (I've been going every Thursday; the leader usually starts us off with a question to answer when we introduce ourselves): what personality characteristics are you already seeing in your baby?

Luke has been a very well-tempered baby. He is happy most of the time and only gets really fussy when he is hungry (and he can go from asleep to starving in 30 seconds--which helped me answer another previous week's question in my breastfeeding group: what is one reason this week you are glad you are breastfeeding? My answer: how fast it is to get food to the baby because I don't have to go make and warm up a bottle, so I can soothe Luke right away.). He also smiles quite a lot (sure, you could say it's gas but since many of the smiles do seem to be directed at the circumstances, I think he does actually smile quite a lot).

But mostly, Luke loves to be held and loves to snuggle. He seems to be the happiest when he's in my arms, burying his face into me. He has a pair of dinosaur footie pajamas that say Snugglesaurus on the front and I think that's a great description for him (see picture). And he likes to snuggle with Daddy, too. The leader at the breastfeeding group has remarked several times that for most babies, other people can't hold the baby the same way that mommy can hold the baby (any hold that mimics breastfeeding) but Luke doesn't seem to be bothered by it when Daddy holds him like that and he'll snuggle with J just as much as he snuggles with me. I hope that Luke continues to be our little Snugglesaurus.

So after two months of mommyhood, I'm still tired (although we did have a longer - over 3 hours - period between feedings last night) quite a bit but still just amazed at this little guy and love watching him develop day by day. I'm sure the next two months are going to pass by just as quickly and he's going to be very different at four months than he is now just as he's so different now than he was when he was first born. I'm just trying to store up all the memories (and pictures) that I can and really living in each moment to enjoy it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment