Background

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Finger Painting (Kind of) and Grandma's Visit

So I found a website with some great activities to do with Luke and decided to try making some edible finger paints. The paint turned out to be quite thick, so much so that I thought about just calling it play dough. But I went ahead with the finger painting idea.

Here's the set up: a table cloth on the floor with a piece of paper on the top. Luke was very interested in wrinkling the table cloth.

I plopped some of the "paint" down on the paper. The paper itself was more interesting to Luke.

I put some of the "paint" in his hand and smeared it on the paper. He was more interested in trying to figure out what was sticking to his hand.

"Hmm...what is that?"

"I'm really not so sure about this."

Apparently he sat in the purple blob.

Mommy decided to paint Luke. He was unimpressed.

"Mommy, what is this stuff all over me??"

"I'm really not liking this at all!"

So, yeah. That didn't go over quite as well as I had hoped it would. Into the bathtub and out came a clean and much happier baby.

In other news, my mom has been visiting this week and we've had a good time. Here are some pictures from her visit.

In the Ice Cream Parlor play area at the Children's Museum

With Daddy in the race car (Children's Museum)

With Daddy on the Hot Wheels motorcycle

Playing with giant Legos

Riding on a horse ride

With Grandma in the play area at the Children's Museum

Daddy, Mommy and Luke

Daddy, Luke, and Grandma

Mom and Grandma getting ready for the pictures. I love the look on Luke's face. (Notice Guenevere photo bombing in the background.)

No comments:

Post a Comment