Background

Sunday, March 25, 2012

First Swing in the Park

This afternoon, J and I decided to take a walk to the park near us and see how Luke liked the swings. So I put Luke in the Ergo (taking the stroller over the horrible sidewalks seemed like a bad idea) and away we went. There were lots of kids in the park, but the baby swings were pretty open, so we were able to get to one right away. We put Luke in and gave him a gentle push. He had one arm up, either as a casual cruising type of arm or as a holding on for dear life arm; I'm not sure which one it was.

 
We let him swing for about 10 minutes. He was really quiet the whole time, so I'm not sure if he enjoyed it and was just taking it all in or if he was just resigned to staying in the swing until we took him out. Either way, I'm sure we'll be making many more trips to the park in the future. It's so nice to be able to have one within walking distance.

I did take a video of the first minute in the swing:



No comments:

Post a Comment