Background

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Whole New World

On Tuesday evening (May 15), Luke crawled (army crawled) forward for the first time. He had been pushing up on his hands and knees and rocking for about a week and I knew it could be any moment when he would figure out that he could go forward. And indeed, it happened in the blink of an eye. One moment he was stationary and the next he was on the move. It was just before bedtime, though, so instead of seeing how much he could move, we had to get him ready for bed.

Wednesday was a busy day (I had my work day at The Craft House), so we didn't get a lot of crawling time in but he did get to do a little. Then came Thursday and much crawling time ensued. He seemed especially interested in some cables that were sitting on the floor alongside J's backpack. He would crawl over to them and J would pull him back. He would immediately start crawling right back over. He is definitely one determined little boy! I lost track of the number of times that he went over there only to be pulled back and have to try again.


So on Friday, I needed to get laundry done. Ha! That was definitely a new experience. The laundry machines are in the basement and with Luke's new mobility, I didn't trust leaving him alone upstairs on the floor while I was in the basement (which when he was still immobile, I would do). So he got to spend a lot of time in his jumperoo yesterday whenever I had to run downstairs for the laundry.

I think he's really enjoying this whole being mobile thing. He is able to get to the toys that he wants to play with and also to explore some areas that he hasn't been in before (and he has a fascination with J's backpack, which we keep having to pick up off the floor). I know that it's going to be a whole new world for me, too, as I have to keep more of an eye on him and can't run back to the bedroom quickly to get something. Oh, and it's a whole new world for the cats as well as he can now move toward them. They're learning already to move out of the way quickly although he has caught them a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment