Background

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt

On Saturday, J and I took Luke up to Ivy Tech for an Easter egg hunt. There was a really neat day of activities that had been set up by the Dental Assisting program (which will be a lot more fun for Luke next year). One of the activities was an egg hunt specifically for ages 0-2. Most of the other ones that I had looked at around town started at 18 months, so I was happy to see this one.

It was a little chilly, so we got Luke dressed in a little cardigan and off we went. We had to wait a little while for the hunt to start, but before too long we were given the go. I went to the egg hunt area with Luke and we focused on two eggs. I tried to get him to pick one up, but he seemed more interested in the grass. I finally got him to at least hold one of the eggs, which he promptly put to his mouth. We stayed there for a few more minutes and then we got out to let the more mobile kids pick up the remaining eggs around us. I'm not sure Luke had any idea what was going on, but we did at least get a few photo opportunities (Argh! The pictures didn't load in the order that I wanted and Luke wants me so I'm just going to leave them a little out of order for now).

Watching the other kids



Grass!





In other news, on Friday when I was cleaning Luke's gums as usual (running gauze over them), I felt something sharp on his bottom gums. It took me a while before I was able to catch even the quickest glimpse, but I can say that it is definitely a tooth. This morning it seems to be in much the same position as it was on Friday. I do hope that it comes in fairly quickly. Luke is definitely having some teething moments where he is just not happy. (I laugh at all the times J and I have said before "Maybe it's teething" because now we truly know what that is like.) No pictures yet since he won't open his mouth and move his tongue long enough for me to even see the tip of the tooth.

And yesterday, I put him in his pack n play while I ran down to the basement for the laundry. When I came back upstairs, I noticed that he was licking the side of the pack n play. It was covered in slobber. Ewww! But also somewhat cute.



Speaking of cute, Luke has started to give me "kisses." I'll say "Kiss Luke" and give him a kiss on his cheek. Then I say "Kiss Mommy" and sometimes he'll open his mouth and put his lips on my cheek and slobber on me. Even as I'm wiping away the gross slobber, my mouth has broken out into a huge grin and my heart melts. It's absolutely adorable.

And here is a picture from this morning in the jumperoo:


No comments:

Post a Comment