Background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Nibble of Avocado

On Monday Luke was 5 months old. Cliche again but true: I can't believe it! Here's my big boy:





I plan to wait to start Luke on solids for his 6-month birthday, but today I was making something for lunch that included avocado so I decided to give Luke just a little bit of it to see how he would react.

I got him a high chair a couple of weeks ago, and I've been having him sit in it for a little while every few days to get him used to it. Yesterday, I put him in the high chair in the kitchen while I was doing dishes and he really seemed to enjoy that. So I put him in the high chair while I was making my lunch.

I gave him a spoon to play with so he could get used to it as well as the high chair.


I had a slight miscalculation, though. He was in the high chair for about 30 minutes while I was fixing lunch and I left the avocado for last since I didn't want it to get brown. Well, that was about his limit for sitting in the high chair and he was starting to get fussy. I decided to proceed with the avocado anyway. I put a tiny bit on the spoon.




He seemed a little unsure about it:


We spent the next couple of minutes alternating between him seeming to be okay with the spoon (and avocado) in his mouth and him screaming. I'm not sure if he was upset about the food or if he was just tired of being in the high chair (and also hungry apparently as he nursed for quite a while when I got him out of the high chair). So the first food experience is undecided as to what he thought about it. If this video uploads correctly (I've never tried uploading a video before), you can see the experience for yourself.


Next week I plan to make something with bananas in it, so I'll try again with a tiny bit of banana and see what he thinks about it. And I'll make sure that he's not tired when I try it so I can get a better judgment of his reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment